Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Card Sketch #24

It's hump day which means you get another card sketch!
Kimberly's 2nd sketch for the month...amazing!!!

Kimberly's take on her sketch...


And here's Team B's take on the sketch along with a little bit about them...

My name is Lynne Forsythe and I hail for the little but beautiful state of New Hampshire where I reside with two teenage children. I  began my paper crafting journey a little over 5 years ago and what a WONDERFUL journey it has been. I work part time at my LSS where I teach/design for, buy for....well pretty much everything except pay the bills...hehehe. I am on several manufacturer design teams and have been published a few times, my all time dream is to be in Somerset Memories.  I would typify my creating style as shabby grunge. Most of all....I LOVE FLOWERS. I greatly enjoy creating handmade flowers. You can check out my creations at The Next Best Thing by Lynne.


Hi from upstate N.Y.  I am Sue Kithcart a.k.a. SusieQ! I am mother of 3 and grandmother of 4 grandsons! My hubby and I live together  in a 1910 farmhouse.  I have been scrap booking since 2001. I am a huge collector of pattern papers, ribbons, buttons and embellishments for scrap booking! 

My name is Gloria Nunn and I live in beautiful coastal New Brunswick. I have been married for nearly 36 years and we have one daughter,Rosemary. I have been scrapbooking for about 12 years and I love it! So enjoy all the beautiful papers, ribbon, lace, bows, flowers, pearls and bling! I love anything vintage!
 

Hi I’m Joyce Casaldi, AKA Ashjoy on most forums. I’m a full time scrapper and homemaker for my wonderful husband and beautiful 18 year old daughter. I’m a paper lover, tool junkie and color fanatic. I love to share my art and hope you stop by and visit my blog at 1ashjoy.blogspot.com. I started scrapping in 2007 after making a kit scrapbook for my Dad for Christmas. He got tears in his eyes when he paged through it and that was all it took to hook me.

Thanks for welcoming me to the LCOM Card team!


My name is Nadia Cannizzo, and I live in Sydney Australia. I am a mummy to 2 much loved and much wanted little girls and I have been married to my husband for the last 12 years. I am a Primary School teacher and have been teaching for about 11 years. I have been scrapping/papercfrafting officially for just under 2 years now and I have to say I am beyond addicted, and not a day goes past that I dont do something crafty! I mostly create layouts but just recently I have started making cards again and am enjoying the fact they are quicker and easier to make, yet I still feel I have satisfied my creative urge. 2011 is going to be a busy year for me as I will be on the Design Team for Color Combos Galore, My Scrapbook Nook, Stuck! Sketches, Kraft It Up , Bird Is the Word, Pretty Paper Petals , The Studio Challenges and Show Us Your Stuff. I am honoured to have been asked to be a Card Designer for Lets Capture these Sketches and I  hope I inspire you in some way to create or try something new.




My name is Joanne Keminen, I go by JoanneK on the forum!  I am not very creative with any art form but really enjoy scrapbooking!  I started with a paper kit and a few tools back in 2006!  My husband was thrilled that I got a "new hobby"....little did he know!  I work as a registered nurse at the local hospital and spend my free time catching up with friends and my two pre-teen girls!  I love to spend Friday evenings in the scraproom with my girls, in our jammies ...just chatting and scrapping!

Hi! My name is Sandi Johnson. I have been married to my husband, Craig for 19 years who knows that my love for this hobby is not going to go away! We have 3 children. Gabrielle who is  16, Katarina, 14 and Jeremy, 10. We live in a rural town near Gettysburg, PA with our Golden Retriever, Bentley, and my two babies...Stamper, a Min Pin/Toy Fox Terrier and Gracie, a Jack Russell/Yorkie.
By day, I am a third grade teacher and by night I become a taxi driver shuttling kids to and fro all their activities. I started scrapping seriously when my son was born and at that time I did it to preserve our family memories. Now I realize that it is time that I crave for ME. Creating is something that soothes my soul and is a major stress reliever for me. Making cards is something that I enjoy tremendously because they are fast and easy..."most of the time!" If you would like to see where I share my Paper Hoarding experiences, you can visit me at my blog.


And our guest designer this week is...
Hello, my name is Lindy Gillespie and I live in sunny Brisbane, Queensland, Australia with my husband, I have 2 adult children who live in Brisbane as well.
I started paper crafting  7 years ago and I just love this art form, it gives me the freedom to find my own style …I find making cards is very therapeutic and haven’t bought a pre made card for years . I have a passion for  ribbon and flowers and they can always be seen them on my cards.
I have tried many hobbies but I find paper crafting is the most rewarding. My friends always say they love receiving my cards because they are unique.


Now it's your turn! Can't wait to see what you create with this sketch.  You have until Tuesday, March 22nd at 11PM EST to link your card to Mr. Linky for a chance to be our next Guest Card Designer and 10% off your next LCOM order.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [17 Mar 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

JoanneK said...

Loved working with this fabulous sketch! The cards are great girls! I hope many of you scrappers will play along!

nightfairyscrapper said...

this scketches are stunning and love to used them and add my little twist for a personal touch. thanks for sharing!!
Angela

just another day said...

Congrats girls, great sketch and fabulous catds ...WTG Nadia my friend

HeatherH said...

Great sketch and cards! I even ended up making 2 cards using this sketch.

Sandi said...

Great job Heather H!!!!